Trip Report 11/18 - 11/26

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Mexico Message Board]

Escrito por Craig AKA The Cruise Ship Guy () via proxy desde 69.238.95.167 (ppp-69-238-95-167.dsl.frs2ca.pacbell.net) el día martes, 30 de noviembre, 2010 a las 23:59:28 horas :

A few highlights from our trip:

Condo: Cascada above La Ropa – 2 BD, 3 BR, AC, full kitchen and washer / dryer, next to pool, large patio with nice gas bbq and 24 hour security. Second year renting from Paradise Properties with no problems.

Restaurants:

Papa Locas – great tacos and stuffed potatoes, the only place we ate dinner twice.

Dona Licha – best chilaquilles, only made it there twice this year- five times last year.

Lety’s – great coconut shrimp as always and did an excellent job cooking the sierra that we caught.

Don Memo – very good Italian with very friendly service.

Jungle Pizza – good wood fired pizza and delivered right to our pool.

Mama Norma and Deborah (Ixtapa) – Very nice Thanksgiving dinner.

La Posada Real (Ixtapa) – lunch was not bad but not great like last year, no longer a Best Western.

Salvadors – Had a great meal there last year. Took the Mahi Mahi that we caught over here and it was way over cooked. Only bad meal we had all trip.

Tortas at the pier – Great sandwiches by the mini mart before fishing only $10 pesos each, took some to the airport also.

Escollera – Best view on La Ropa. Went there last year and gave the food a C-. This year a B+, there was a $150 peso per person minimum this year. Great value to spend the day there and use their pool overlooking the bay. Service is excellent and lunch menu has some great prices.

Activities:

Fishing – 2 days with Ramon Olea. Day 1 small game for Sierra and day 2 big game for Mahi Mahi and Sailfish. Ramon delivered as always even with a full moon. Ramon speaks good English and is fun to fish with. I have fished with him for the past 5 years and highly recommend him. He can be called from the states at 011 52 1 755 558 8445.

Tour – Ulises Solano took my wife, son and our friend on a 6 hour tour that included Petatlan and La Barra. They had a great time while I was out fishing. Ulises is a great guy and very trustworthy. He speaks excellent English and has great rates. He can be reached at 755 559 3023 when in Zihua.

AI – booked 1 night at the Presidente for relaxing. Not a bad place but when we showed up at 11:00 they wanted me to pay an additional $600 pesos for getting our wrist bands early. After waiting 5 minutes they decided to give them to us at no charge. About 10 minutes after that our room was ready. Maybe tipping $100 pesos at the desk when we first walked in helped. I would say the hotel was at 20% occupancy at best. Lunch was so so as with most AI’s. Breakfast was great and dinner was ok but strange. It was Italian night and they set it up on the grass circle in the middle of the parking lot, “a la parking lot”. The service was very good here and the entertainment staff got some good volleyball games going. Met a nice Mexican family that were Federales. Our son had a great time playing with their kids even though they could not talk to each other.

La Posada Real – did a day pass here that included drinks only. Nice quite pool with a great view, no thump thump like the Presidente.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO