Re: A "Whale" of a day.....

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Mexico Message Board]

Escrito por Roberto! () via proxy desde 187.198.172.139 (dsl-187-198-172-139-dyn.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 07 de diciembre, 2010 a las 17:47:55 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: A "Whale" of a day..... escrito por Gringo Viejo () via proxy desde 32.176.202.189 (?) el día martes, 07 de diciembre, 2010 a las 12:19:28 horas :

>>> Are you noticing more green and flowering vegetation<<<

Just the opposite amigo --- we are normally here in late October early November too and the place was lush with the white Bocatta (sp?) trees dotting the landscape. Being here last March wasn't a normal time for us and the vegetation was noticably browner.

>>> Is dona Emi still open? Who has closed? <<<

We haven't been here long enough to scout out a lot of the places and some are closed on certain days only or for renovations but one of our favorite resting/recuperation places across from the Mercado, Glob's is gone --- replaced with a drug store. (The A/C was so great there that you could've hung beef).

Haven't been by Dona Emi yet -- planning a more extensive walkabout later in the week. Caprichios has new management and when inquiring, we found our favorite hamburger/baked potato isn't on the menu any more --- but that is OK with me because I've been enjoying the hamburger from the cart in front of the basketball court, but La Patrona does not agree with moi.

Some places are re-opening like Coconuts, which from my understanding, was closed for renovations. We're off to one of our favorites tonight -- Puerta del Sol -- Lety's tomorrow.

Tough to go hungry around here ;~)
Roberto!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO